Monday, March 26, 2018

Miscellaneous Monday





 
How has spring been treating you so far? Many of us here in the U.S. got a good dose of snow last week, greeting the new season with a chilly start. It's inevitable; warmer days will be here before we know it. In the meantime, here are a few links to ease us into spring writing.

Do you have challenges making decisions? Author Susan J. Reinhardt offers her insight and tips in this post, How to Overcome Decision Paralysis. Susan has great suggestions to help us gain perspective and balance.

Sometimes the smallest things trip us up when writing and editing. Author Laurel Garver of Laurel's Leaves discusses their proper use in Editor on Call: Using Then/Than and Lose/Loose. Her examples will clear any confusion right up.

Considering attending a writer's conference in the coming months? There are many benefits, as veteran freelancer Jennifer Brown Banks describes in 5 Reasons to Attend a Writer's Conference this Year. Let us know if you have plans to attend one! :)

Queries. Love them or hate them? They can be a bit intimidating, so I was grateful for L. Diane Wolfe's advice in her recent post, Checklist for a Great Query. Having worked in the industry for years, Diane's advice is always solid.

Other News 

I recently received the Sunshine Blogger Award from Lisa Ricard Claro. Thanks so much, Lisa!  :D If you aren't acquainted with her, Lisa is a long time blogger and author of several books. You can find out more about her writing services at her site. We really do make wonderful friends through blogging, don't we?

And Just for Fun
.
This is totally off the writing topic, but if you're looking to get the exterior of your home in shape for spring, check out Checklist for Spring: 5 Steps to Get Your Home Ready. Yes, when I'm not writing posts here or doing the nine thousand other things I do, I'm blogging for this local business. :)


Did you get snow on the first few days of spring? What are you writing this week? Have any special spring plans?

Happy writing,
Karen



Photo credit: Pexels










9 comments :

  1. North of me got snow this past weekend. Just crazy. I'm ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including the link to my piece on query letters.

    We have been so cold here. Plus wet. I'm tired of everything being soggy and freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great links, Karen, and also for including mine. :) I live in Florida about 10 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico, so no snow here. Spring plans include work on my new book and plenty of beach time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nine thousand other things you do? That's a lot of things! All great links and from places I haven't been to for awhile so looking forward to visiting again. I love looking at pretty homes so visit places with home ideas often. It's eye-candy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a great and positive answer to your question about how spring is treating me, but alas...No. I'm still recovering data after my computer crashed, so I'm not enjoying much of spring. yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After tomorrow, my spring plans include taking a two-week hiatus from blogging. I truly need to rest and unwind! Plus, I have some fun plans with the family to look forward to, not the least of which is an Easter egg hunt for my grands.
    Blessings, Karen, and thanks,too, for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex,
    We had snow here too, although it changed over to all rain. we'll see spring eventually. :)

    Diane,
    You are welcome. It's an informative post, and I appreciate your insight. Hope things warm up for you soon.

    Lisa,
    You are welcome. And thanks again for the award. I'm sure you are enjoying the climate there! :)

    Lynn,
    Well, I figured it would take too long to name all nine thousand. :) Pretty home ideas, yes, that's fun, isn't it?

    Lee,
    Oh no! I hope you're getting back on track computer wise. Hope too, that you can enjoy some spring weather soon. :)

    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martha Jane,
    A two week break sounds delightful! Hope you have a wonderful time with family, and get a bit of a break in between. :)
    Happy writing,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen - Thanks for linking to my blog post. Yes, we had snow - LOTS of snow - the first few days of spring. Thankfully, it's almost gone. I sure hope that was winter's last hurrah. The spring flowers popping out of the ground got a shock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Have a blessed day!